Cleveland Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
People who are in nursing homes have special needs. Some cannot walk easily without help. Others have difficulty remembering where they are or even who they are. Still others are recovering from serious illness and need help as they rehabilitate.
When a person enters into a nursing home, his or her loved ones trust that the nursing home staff and all others connected to the nursing home will provide an adequate level of care. Sadly, our Cleveland nursing home abuse lawyers know that this is not always the case.Did Nursing Home Neglect or Abuse Lead to Injury of Your Loved One?
Some studies estimate that up to 80 percent of all nursing home care is substandard. If you believe that the abusive care or lack of care caused your loved one harm, our law firm can help you understand whether you have reason to file a personal injury or wrongful death claim against the nursing home.
When Your Loved One Has Been Harmed, We Can Help. Call 216-696-4006 or 888-488-8529 or complete the brief e-mail form for your free case evaluation with an experienced nursing home abuse lawyer in the Cleveland area.A Person's Right to Humane Treatment and Medical Care
Ohio has enacted the Nursing Home Resident's Bill of Rights. This law ensures that every resident of a nursing home in Ohio has certain rights, including:
- The right to a clean environment
- The right to be free from physical, verbal, mental and emotional abuse, and to be treated with respect at all times
- The right to adequate and appropriate medical treatment and nursing care
- The right to have all reasonable requests responded to promptly
There are many more rights that all nursing home residents enjoy. If you have reason to believe your rights, or your loved one's rights, are being violated, contact our office today. Our law firm has handled a significant number of nursing home neglect and abuse cases that have involved:
- Lack of regular turning that is necessary to prevent painful bedsores
- Failure to timely treat bed sores or infections
- Failure to assist or supervise eating, leading to malnutrition
- Inadequate monitoring of fluid intake leading to dehydration
- Failure to timely identify, diagnose and treat infection, including C-difficile, which is a serious strain of bacteria that causes diarrhea and even death
- Improper supervision leading to falls
- Failure to prevent Alzheimer's patients form wandering and being injured
- Failure to administer prescribed medications or monitor drug reactions leading to serious injury or death
- Inadequate staffing
- Failure to identify sexual, emotional or physical abuse
Our Cleveland nursing home abuse attorneys will arrange a convenient time and place to meet with you to discuss your case and talk about your legal options. Our lawyers also handle medical malpractice, nursing home neglect, other personal injury and wrongful death cases on a contingency basis. This means that you do not pay attorney's fees unless we are able to win financial damages for you. Russian, Hebrew and Spanish language services are available.