Injuries Caused by a Drunk Driver

What You Need to Do if You're Injured by a Drunk Driver

A Guttlaw ReportTM

If you are injured by a drunk driver, you should IMMEDIATELY call the police and make a report.

  • Get the driver's name, address, license plate and driver's license numbers.
  • If possible, get the drunk driver's work address and phone number.
  • Ask to see the driver's Ohio Insurance Card and identify the drunk driver's insurance company.
  • Try to find out where the driver was coming from and whether he or she was working at the time.
  • Contact and retain an experienced personal injury law firm like RUBIN GUTTMAN & ASSOCIATES, LPA, which has the experience and staff to protect YOU.
  • NEVER try to negotiate on your own. Remember, the drunk driver's insurance representative is a pro whose job is to pay you as little as possible. Your attorney is there to get you the greatest recovery possible.
  • Finding each possible avenue for recovery is a job for an experienced legal team. These may include claims against the drunk driver's employer, the bar or restaurant which served the driver too much alcohol, or even your own or your employer's insurance company, if the driver was uninsured or underinsured.
  • These same general guidelines apply to boating and even airplane accidents.

If you've been injured by a drunk driver, or in any accident involving a car, machine, or medical malpractice, at Rubin Guttman & Associates we're always available for a free consultation to help you determine and protect your rights.

Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Contact Us