Delayed Diagnosis of Cancer and Other Serious Medical Conditions
When we turn to doctors to diagnose a problem, we trust that they are carefully attending to our needs. Sadly, this is not always the case. When a doctor fails to diagnose a condition, delays a cancer diagnosis or misdiagnoses a serious infection or illness, our Cleveland medical malpractice lawyers have seen that serious harm can result.
A delay in diagnosing cancer or another disease may cause your condition to worsen. In many cases, by the time a cancer or disease is properly diagnosed, less invasive treatments that could have been effective had the cancer been properly diagnosed are no longer viable options. This forces a patient to undergo more invasive, painful treatments in an attempt to cure the spreading disease. The failure to timely diagnose and treat cancer may result in reduced life expectancy or even death.Experience Equals Winning Results for Victims of Medical Malpractice
Rubin Guttman & Associates, L.P.A., has represented a significant number of clients who have been harmed from misdiagnosis or who have lost a loved one from a preventable wrongful death.
Call (216) 696-4006 or (888) 488-8529 or complete our brief e-mail contact form for your free case evaluation with an experienced Cleveland attorney.We Know How to Fight; We Know How to Win
Attorney Rubin Guttman has the experience needed to successfully handle medical malpractice lawsuits:
- We know the law and understand medicine
- Our team includes medical experts.
- We are skilled negotiators and relentless trial lawyers.
- We have the resources to mount strong cases.
Physicians and other medical professionals will rarely admit to a mistake, even if the evidence appears to be straightforward. As a result, a high percentage of medical malpractice cases, including cases involving a delayed diagnosis of cancer, are tried before a judge and jury. Numerous clients have placed their trust in our attorneys to handle serious medical malpractice matters. We handle cases that can include:
- A delayed cancer diagnosis of breast cancer, prostate cancer or colorectal cancer
- Failure to perform adequate testing or appropriately interpret lab or test results
- A delayed diagnosis in an ER room of an impending heart attack or a stroke that results in a fatal heart attack or paralysis from stroke that could have been prevented
- A delayed diagnosis in necrotic fasciitis resulting in a deadly infection and loss of limb
- A failure to diagnose internal bleeding after a surgery
- A misdiagnosis of a heart attack as indigestion
We will arrange a convenient time and place to meet with you to discuss your case and talk about your legal options. Our Cleveland lawyers handle all personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that you do not pay attorney's fees unless we are able to obtain financial damages for you. Russian, Hebrew and Spanish language services are available.