Recent Awards and Settlements
On behalf of our Ohio injury clients, Rubin Guttman & Associates has:
- Won a mediation award of almost $3,000,000.00 in a wrongful death case on behalf of the family of a 42 year old mother of three
- Won 2.85 million dollars for the family of a woman whose death was caused by medical negligence.
- Won almost $1,000,000.00 on behalf of a business executive who was seriously injured in an automobile collision
- Won over $500,000.00 for the wrongful death of a 71 year old COPD patient whose cancer was not timely diagnosed
- Recovered $825,000.00 for a young woman who sustained multiple fractures in a serious automobile collision
- Obtained a policy limits settlement for a woman who sustained damaged hearing as a result of a motor vehicle accident
- Recovered insurance policy limits for a seriously ill man who suffered a serious ankle injury in slip & fall accident.
- Recovered six figure insurance policy limits for a woman whose hearing was impaired as a result of an automobile collision.
- Won almost 1 million dollars for a young mother badly injured in an automobile accident in which her SUV rolled after being struck by another vehicle.
- Negotiated numerous policy limit settlements on behalf of other injured clients.
- Won a structured settlement with payments exceeding $11 million over the lifetime of a fourteen year old girl who suffered head and facial injuries in a motor vehicle accident.
- Won $1 million for the family of a nineteen year old student killed by a drunk driver.
- Obtained a one million dollar verdict against the Cleveland Clinic Foundation for an Israeli patient whose liver was lacerated during mitral valve repair surgery.
- Obtained an $825,000 settlement for the wrongful death of a woman who died as a result of her doctor's failure to timely diagnose and treat a pulmonary embolism. This case had been declined by one of the most prominent law firms in Cleveland, but we felt that a wrong had been done and pursued the case to a successful conclusion.
- Obtained a policy limit settlement against a surgical group whose failure to timely treat necrotizing fasciitis (the flesh eating bug) resulted in the loss of a leg.
- Obtained a mid six figure recovery for a client involved in a minimal impact ($348 in property damage) accident which resulted in three herniated disks.
- Obtained a $750,000 settlement on behalf of three adult children for the wrongful death of their 72 year old widowed father, a heart surgery patient who bled to death in the cardiac intensive care unit after surgery.
- Won a substantial jury verdict for a woman whose knee condition was aggravated in a minor car accident.
- Won a six figure result in mid jury trial for a man whose wrist x-ray had been misread by both the emergency room physician and radiologist.
- Obtained settlement totaling almost 2 million dollars in claims against a Pharmaceutical manufacturer.
Won $650,000 from a Pharmaceutical Company whose dangerous product caused a stroke.